Tuesday, June 7, 2011

To blog or not to blog.

I am quite pleased that I have managed to blog 39 times since starting our family blog. I'm famous for beginning things with a passion and then sometimes fizzling out. I secretly wondered if I'd ever get past the third entry. I know you're thinking I shouldn't feel comfortable just yet, afterall 39, isn't 500 - but now I've come this far, I can't imagine ever stopping. I seem to miss a week here and there because life suddenly gets hectic. This last couple of weeks or so has been all about assisting Job and his crazy schedule of professional placement, work, school homework and uni assignments. He finishes at the end of this month - Alleluia!!  When life gets almost out of control and I turn into a single mum for a while, I don't make it to the computer. I miss playing with photos the most. The drive behind blogging isn't so much for the present as it is for the future. Because of the recent hustle and bustle I haven't blogged about a few special things that I know I want to remember such as my time with my friend Kristy and all the hilarious conversations we had....and the total lack of anything that we actually did while she was here. I've missed JJ's cross country run at school where he proudly told me that he came 8th but really came closer to 20th. My favourite mothers day where Job was at a total loss as to what to do to make my day special and it was so special because he tried so hard and had no clue!! lol - and Benny who must be the only son in history to give thier mother a rock for a mothers day card. I've missed many funny morning workouts with Kym and Mariah and some classic family moments and funny videos. There are just so many important moments and memories I want to keep record of. Often while I'm spending time with my children I try and cement the moment into my brain; wishing and hoping that I'll never forget it. I really hope that with all the blog entries I do miss, there is still enough for my children to look back on when they are older to see what their life was like growing up and how much we love them.

3 comments:

The Kings said...

I know exactly what you mean Leoni. Sometimes I think that blogging is such a waste of time, but then I look back on the past 5 years of blog posts and watch my boys on the computer as they click on old posts and laugh and talk about things they have done before, but have forgotten about till they saw the post, and realise it's all worth it. Doesn't matter if you don't blog everything, but those things you do will be very special in years to come.

benny.t said...

Lisa, I want to believe that the 'i' in my name there is a typo... how do i change it - its getting on my nerves!! ;)

Joe said...

Leoni, as soon as I saw that I had to laugh, and then I saw your reply! GOLD! LEONI LEONI LEONI